Therapy refers to a variety of techniques and methods used to help children and adolescents who are experiencing difficulties with their emotions or behaviour. Therapy is a form of psychological treatment that involves therapeutic conversations and interactions between a therapist and a child or family. It can help children and families understand and resolve problems, modify behaviour, and make positive changes in their lives.
Therapy serves to benefit clients through:
- Regaining a sense of control and happiness in life
- Improving sense of well-being
- Developing insight
- Personal growth and maturation
- Minimise or eliminate distressing symptoms
- Improvement in relationships